Thursday, January 14, 2010

Short and Sweet Notes/Diary of a Holy Yogi cont.

Okay, here are some things I wrote down while taking notes that resonate with me:

Our Purpose is different from our Calling.

A Purpose is a reason for which something exists. It's got the end in mind. Action in purpose = determination.

Our purpose of being human is to emulate Christ Jesus - to glorify God. This is the purpose for our design and creation.

Our calling is an extension of the invitation to join in - to "bear title among men".

Our calling is to get swept up in Jesus Christ passionately in whatever we do.

I get to be who I am! (What a relief!)

Be super authentic!

God calls. His voice is louder than your doubt. He moves you off your path. (Think Moses and the burning bush!)

When you are doing God's will, it will result in worship.

That's it...just some notes I took and liked and wanted to share. :)

No comments: